Friday, September 23, 2011

Shatter Me

Howdy Everyone,

Thanks for dropping in and reading my latest post.  I am really excited about my latest book review.  It's called SHATTER ME, by Tahereh Mafi and I loved this book!  It was so fantastic that I actually couldn't put it down, honest! Its been a long time since I've been this excited about a story, but this book has it all.  Action-adventure, a little bit of sci-fi and a little bit of romance. It has good guys, bad buys and of course a wonderful adventure! Before I post my review though,
I would also like to thank Harper Collins Teen for my Advanced Reader Copy of SHATTER ME! Below is a pic of this upcoming book.  I just love the cover, don't you?



The main character of the story is a young girl named Juliette.  She has been in an asylum of sorts without human contact for a very, very long time.  But there are other people there.  She can hear their screams!  Juliette knows that she is different, that is why she was placed here at this strange place.  She is cold, hungry, and hasn't had any human contact in so very long.  Its all because of her strange power, the power to kill!  Suddenly, a young man by the name of Adam is thrust into the cell with her.  Can she trust him? Is he a friend or an enemy?

The setting of this book is a futuristic Earth that is on the verge of extinction. Everything is brown, and ugly.  There are no plants or animals, and if they do exist they are rarely seen. A military group calling themselves the Reestablishment is seeking to make the Earth a better place. But are they really or is it just a farce?  Please read this upcoming book by Tahereh Mafi.  You will be thrilled with this author's first book in print!  Publication release for this book is set for November 15, 2011.  Here is a link to this author's web page www.taherehmafi.com and don't forget to watch the trailer clip below of Shatter Me!

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment