Thursday, September 8, 2011

End of the Story

   I don't know why, but I am always sad when I get to the end of the book I am reading.  Maybe its because I have grown accustomed to reading about the characters of a book on a regular basis. They have become my friends and aquaintances. So, when I have to say goodbye to them I feel sad.  It's like saying goodbye for the last time to a good friend that I will never see again.  Oh, I know that I can read the book again at some later time and place, but it isn't the same as that first time.  Well, maybe it will be in the future, I am getting quite forgetful as I get older.  Just ask my kids. 

   So, I have finished reading my latest book called " The Perfect Mistress" by Victoria Alexander.  Let me start off by apologizing to you Victoria.  I have wrongfully been calling your main male character Harrington, when his name is actually Harrison.  So to those of you who read my blog and to Victoria I apologize for that.  I guess my old age is showing.  The book was well written and the story line was somewhat "expected", it is after all a romance novel and they always seem to come out with the same end result.  The only difference is the journey they take to get to the end result, love and marriage.  While I was able to guess right at the start which man she would end up with in the end, I have to say that I really liked her main characters in this book.  They are funny and good hearted and they brought a smile to my face.  Ahh, to be young again!  I only gave this book a  3 star rating out of 5, but it is a good summer read!  ***

   Hope you guys enjoyed my rantings.  I have currently started reading an ARC book entitled Shatter Me, which will be released in November 2011.  It is being published by Harper Collins and the author is Tahereh Mafi.  This book will be next on my list of book reviews.  I have already started reading it and so far I really like what I am reading.  TTFN

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment