Tuesday, May 7, 2013

INVISIBILITY

Invisibility

INVISIBILITY
by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan

PUBLISHER: Philomel
RELEASE DATE:  May 7, 2013
PAGES: Hardcover 320

This book is not my usual norm, but once I got into the story I really liked it!  It has a lot of great elements, a girl Elizabeth, a guy Stephen, a lovable sidekick by the name of Laurie who happens to be Elizabeth's brother and of course a villain who just happens to be Stephen's grandfather.  There were some things about this book that I didn't care for, but overall I really liked this book.  

Stephen was born invisible all because of his grandfather. Grandpa was not a nice man and as a result an argument between Stephens mother and her father ensues.  I'm sure many of you out there can relate to family relationships that aren't always good.  But this one, well it was a doozie! The end result being that Stephen was born invisible. 

One day Stephen, the invisible boy, meets a girl who can actually see him and they fall in love.  Of course having an invisible boyfriend can be a downfall, but love can overcome anything right?  Being invisible should be cool, like being a superhero or something, but sadly it isn't cool.  It's heartbreaking!  There is an element of sadness to this story, but if anyone has ever wished they were invisible, well, they will think twice about it after reading this story.  

So what can this brave couple do to make Stephen visible again?  It is even possible?  How can Elizabeth help?  Surely there is a reason as to why only she can see him.  Things get really tricky and dangerous but can love conquer all?  I suggest you read this story to find out and I hope you like it as much as I do!  I give this book 4 out of 5 exclamation points.

HAPPY READING
!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment