Thursday, May 17, 2012

Midnight in Austenland

Midnight in Austenland

MIDNIGHT IN AUSTENLAND
by
SHANNON HALE


If you are looking for a bit of a flashback to the days of Jane Austen with a bit of mystery added in, then this book is for you! I admit I am a big, big Jane Austen fan, and I do read all books I can get my hands on dealing with this subject but I really think you will like this book. It kept me going to the very end. I found it to be an easy read that flowed very naturally and it was very enjoyable! I really liked this book!

Our lead character in this book, Charlotte Kinder finds herself badly needing a vacation. ( I just love the name Charlotte, it has an old timey feel to it!) She has to deal with an ex-husband, his new wife, and of course her own 2 children who at times seem to dislike her intensely. Charlotte decides to leave the U.S. on an adventure to Austenland. She arrives in England at Pembrook Park Manor and immerses herself into the Jane Austen era.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that there are some very handsome actors there who give the guests just a touch of romance, Jane Austen style. There are other guests there as well and before you know it, they are embroiled in "Bloody Murder"! This book takes you from parlour games to ancient ruins and tales of murder along with a bit of romance! So, will Charlotte find an escape and love in Austenland?
You'll have to read it to find out! Don't miss out on this book, it's a good read!  Till next time!


HAPPY READING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment